Welcome to e-olio. This is a new experiment for me. In the past I’ve built several single-purpose sites…
- Computer Knowledge with tutorials and general information (a bit stale right now),
- Tom’s Domain, a personal website,
- FILext, a collection of file extensions and programs that use them — since sold,
- MissionTour.org, a virtual tour of the California missions envisioned by Saint Junipero Serra.
- FablesOfAesop.com, a collection of Aesop’s Fables presented in various translations.
So, why a new site? I’m always trying to learn different things. A site full of miscellaneous information allows me to do that. On one page I can put affiliate link information and on another some math formula and yet another a clever video I may have seen. There is little limit to the possibilities (subject to a “G” rating). I also use this as a test site.
Why “olio”? No reason other than it’s a word I discovered a long time ago in another life writing newsletters and now I find it in crossword puzzles. It means a miscellaneous collection and so fits quite nicely here. Just don’t confuse it with oleo which is margarine (fake butter).
The site may be sparse for a little while as I have many projects and irons in the fire but a little bit at a time things will start to appear.
Have fun. 🙂